On January 25, 1893, the Village of Randolph organized its first fire department. The present fire department was reorganized in 1912 with 30 members. In 1955, the membership was increased to 40.
Early equipment consisted of a hand engine, which was purchased for $850.
Cisterns were placed in different locations in the village to supply water for fire protection. In 1896 additional equipment of a chemical tank and wagon were added to the department.
Our current equipment includes: 1996 and 2001 Pierce engines, 2002 Sterling and 1979 Ford tenders, a 1986 GMC Ranger squad, 2006 and 1986 mini pumpers, and a 2004 Polaris UTV for wild-land fires and off-road rescue.
Our fire association serves the townships of Courtland, Fox Lake, Randolph, and Westford in addition to the Village of Randolph. Our department currently has 33 members including a chief, assistant chief, four captains, and three lieutenants.
We are trained and equipped to provide fire suppression, rescue extrication, ice rescue, hazardous materials operations level and wild-land fire suppression.
We continue to have an active group of firefighters that are part of the water battle team. This team has numerous trophies, including the 1999 and 2000 Dodge County championship trophies.