The Neosho Fire Dept. was organized and incorporated in October of 1887. The officers were: Chief Herman Schmitt, Emil Roessler, and Treasurer Martin Leischer. In 1966 the department moved from the old station which was located in the basement of the old village hall, to its current location on Hwy. 67. In 2001 an additional 2,720 sq. ft. was added to the fire station creating additional fire truck bays, meeting room, kitchen, hose tower, new restrooms and office.
In 1976 the Neosho Fire Dept. began serving their community with a First Responder unit. Today, the First Responder unit serves the Village of Neosho and Town of Rubicon, and averages 70+ EMS calls per year. Our First Responder unit is a charter member of Dodge County EMS Association.