The Kekoskee fire Department was organized in November 1915. They met in a vacant building until a two story firehouse was constructed in 1922. Original equipment included a home-made hook and ladder and two tank chemical carts. Later, a duplex fire truck was purchased with chemical tank, ladders and hose. Some years later a Packard Limousine was purchased and rebuilt to carry chemicals, ladders and small equipment. Throughout the years the department has grown with equipment. A new fire station was built in 1976 with an addition in 1994. In 2005, a base station (Motorola) was added to the fire house.